Bethesda Memorial Heart Institute
Buildings P-20 and P-20A, BOYNTON BEACH, FL
A new heart care facility to serve the local community and surrounding area; advanced surgical care capabilities; modern patient care systems; optimum facility comfort and productivity; improved water quality; plumbing specifically designed for hospital implementation; a highly flexible medical gas system.
To expand its heart care capabilities.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
MOUW Associates, Inc. chose Poole & Kent Company of Florida to complete the HVAC and plumbing work for the Bethesda Heart Institute. The company’s efforts focused on an 86,000 s.f. addition that houses surgical suites and support facilities.
The HVAC and plumbing scope of work consisted of:
- Six chilled water custom air-handling units, ranging from 11,000 to 26,800 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Forty air terminal units, 20 with reheat piping
- Two heating hot water pumps
- A shell-and-tube heat exchanger
- Six steam dehumidifiers
- A water softener
- A hot water heater
- Associated duct work, insulation, and controls
- A complete medical gas system, including articulating medical gas columns
- Surgical and surgical support plumbing fixtures.
Within the facility, Poole & Kent also worked on a 30,000 s.f., 31-bed cardiovascular patient floor fit up. Its HVAC and plumbing components included 40 air terminal units, 20 with reheat piping; associated duct work, insulation, and controls; a complete medical gas system; and patient rooms with support plumbing fixtures.
The Bethesda Heart Institute is an all-new 39-bed heart hospital that provides comprehensive cardiovascular services within a single facility. It has 16 cardiac intensive care beds, 23 cardiovascular telemetry patient rooms and a separate dedicated entrance.